1.1 The concept of stringster is based on using the built-in microphone of your smartphone for recording the sound your racket produces when hitting the strings. The collection, administration and use of personal details by stringster complies with applicable data protection laws by ensuring that each user is able to decide herself, which personal details shall be made accessible to other users. Personal data like the tension of a racket is only shared with other users explicitely by the user himself.
1.2 Responsible Publisher and Contact
Responsible publisher of the app: sportsnext applications GmbH, Kaiser-Wilhelm-Straße 81, 20355 Hamburg; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Collected information
Stringster collects information from users upon registration on its website and in connection with the use of the stringster applications. The personally identifiable information collected by stringster falls in the following categories:
- First and last name, username, gender, birthday;
- Email address.
Personally identifiable information shall be saved and used in particular in order to provide the services of the stringster app and to offer new applications to the user, to improve such applications and conform them to the users' needs.
- Pictures of the administrated rackets;
- Brand and model of the administrated rackets;
- Brand and model of the strings of your rackets;
- Tension of the racket;
- Tension history;
- Breakpoints of the strings.
We may store such information ourselves, or it may be included in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates or service providers. We may use such information and pool it with additional information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to the services, the number of visitors to each page of the services, and the domain names of our visitors' internet service providers. We retain information for as long as reasonably necessary to deliver our services to you or to fulfill the purposes described in this policy. Because our users may take extended breaks from paying badminton and may use our apps on various devices, we do not delete information automatically based on account inactivity or when you uninstall our apps from one of your devices.
3. Privacy settings
Every user can change the privacy settings applicable to her account by granting the stringster app permission to use the camera and the built-in microphone of her smartphone or withdrawing these permissions. Withdrawing these permissions will limit the functionality of the provided services. Recorded data will not be used for any other purpose than providing the service of the stringster app
4.1 Use and sharing of personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information with third parties
By registering, the user explicitly agrees that stringster shall have the right to use all automatically collected personally identifiable information, in accordance with the privacy settings of such user, for purposes of the stringster application. Stringster does not pass on personally identifiable information (see Section 2, above) to third parties, except as required by law or with the explicit consent of the user. Stringster implements all reasonable measures to prevent the unauthorized access by third parties to saved details.
4.2 Data storage and deletion of account and data
We store data until it is no longer needed. Basically, we distinguish between data related to individuals and data that we anonymize to operate the app. We use anonymized data to make the functions of the app better and better for all users based on statistical surveys.For the deletion of personal data applies:You have the right
- to revoke your consent to the use of your data at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DSGVO. This means that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future;
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, to immediately request the correction of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 DSGVO, to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO;
- pursuant to Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another controller; and
- complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our company headquarters for this purpose.
Currently, the deletion of your account and the personal data is not yet possible directly via the APP. We have summarized all the necessary steps for you here: api.stringster.net/delete-data.html
5. Plugins and widgets for social media
The stringster.net platform includes social media plugins, such as (i) Facebook, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA; (ii) Google +, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043; or (iii) Twitter, 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA.
Users may recognize the respective plugins, e.g., by the respective logo or other respective characteristic typical for the respective social media-platform on our pages. You can find an overview of Facebook-plugins here: developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/. You can find an overview of Google+-plugins here: developers.google.com/+/web/. You can find an overview of Twitter-plugins here: dev.twitter.com/web/overview.
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Google+: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
If users do not want to have the respective social media-platform associate their visits on our site with their social media-account, users must log out from their social media-account.
Several areas of the stringster website use 'cookies' – small text files that are placed on the user's computer and stored by the browser. They are used by stringster to provide a more user-friendly, effective and secure service. Cookies also enable stringster to identify a user's browser and offer services to such user. Cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information.
You can prevent the installation of cookies by entering the corresponding settings in your browser software. However, please note that in this case you may not be able to use the complete range of functions of the Stringster.net platform to its full extent.
7. Google Analytics
The stringster.net platform uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses 'cookies' (see Section 6, above). The information about your visit collected by the cookies, including your IP address, is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. To the extent that the stringster.net platform has activated IP anonymization, Google first abbreviates your IP address within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there. Google will use the information collected on behalf of the website operator to evaluate your use of the stringster.net platform, to compile reports about your activities within the stringster.net platform, and to provide further services to stringster related to use of the stringster.net platform and Internet use. Google will under no circumstances associate the IP address transmitted by your browser within the operations of Google Analytics with other Google data.
You can prevent the data related to your use of the stringster.net platform, including your IP address, generated by the cookies from being recorded by Google and Google's processing of this data by downloading and installing the browser plugin from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
9. Your consent
Stringster will send newsletters to registered users. By accepting these T&C, the user allows stringster to send newsletters. The user can opt out of receiving a newsletter each time such newsletter is received. Upon opting out, the user will not receive any further newsletters from stringster.
Stringster measures the tension of your badminton racket by listening to the frequency of your string.
We use state of the art scientific formulas.
By using stringster you acknowledge that stringster is not an officially tested instrument and that due to ambient noise and/or mistakes within the app wrong results can come up. By using stringster you understand and agree that the author of stringster is in no event liable for any direct or indirect damages to you string, your racket or your stringing-machine.
Please always read and follow advice of your stringer and the string-, racket- and stringing-machine-manufacturer.
12. Copyright notice
All materials contained on this site are protected by German copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission or in the case of third party materials, the owner of that content. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content.